connexions • international professional communication journal ensures an international editorial board to carry out blind reviews of the submitted manuscripts, guide the growth and development of the journal, and promote the overarching area of international professional communication.
The editorial board is composed of Co-editors, Reviewers, Associate Editors, Section Editors (i.e., Interview Editors), and Assistants to the Editors: Video Editor and Web Content Manager.
Rosário Durão, New Mexico Tech, United States
Kyle Mattson, University of Central Arkansas, United States
James Kalmbach, Professor of English Emeritus, Illinois State University, United States
Quan Zhou, Metropolitan State University, United States
Godwin Agboka, University of Houston – Downtown, United States
Amparo Hurtado Albir, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain
Frank Austermühl, Aston University, United Kingdom
Heloisa Gonçalves Barbosa, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (professor emerita)
Barbara Bonnekessen, Pittsburg State University, United States
Deborah Bosley, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, United States (professor emerita)
Lynne Bowker, University of Ottawa, Canada
Richard Brandt, Texas Tech University, United States
Lynn Burley, University of Central Arkansas, United States
Rebecca Burnett, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States
Jody Byrne, SAP Ireland, Ireland
Kelli Cargile Cook, Texas Tech University, United States
Marjorie Davis, Mercer University, United States
Daniel Dejica, Polytechnic University of Timisoara, Romania
Ramón Escamilla, University of Central Arkansas, United States
Julie Ford, New Mexico Tech, United States
Mahmoud Galander, Qatar University, Qatar
Yves Gambier, University of Turku, Finland
Vijai N. Giri, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
Catherine Gouge, West Virginia University, United States
Carlos A. M. Gouveia, University of Lisbon, Portugal
Maggie Griffin Taylor, New Mexico Tech, United States
Ana Hermida Ruibal, University of Vigo, Spain
John R. Hayes, Carnegie Mellon University, United States (professor emeritus)
David Katan, University of Salento (Lecce), Italy
Manuel Lima, VisualComplexity.com, United States
Bernadette Longo, New Jersey Institute of Technology, United States
Laura McGrath, Kennesaw State University, United States
Ricardo Muñoz Martín, University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
Sushil K. Oswal, University of Washington Tacoma, United States
Carlos Castilho Pais, Open University, Portugal
Marta Pacheco Pinto, University of Lisbon, Portugal
Regina Queiroz, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
Hermínio Duarte Ramos, New University of Lisbon, Portugal (professor emeritus)
Janice (Ginny) Redish, Redish & Associates, Inc., United States
Rich Rice, Texas Tech University, United States
Hanna Risku, University of Graz, Austria
Alexandra Assis Rosa, University of Lisbon, Portugal
Aimee Kendall Roundtree, Texas State University, United States
Debopriyo Roy, University of Aizu, Japan
Jaime Sánchez, University of Chile, Chile
Karen Schriver, KSA Communication Design & Research, Inc., United States
Kerstin Severinson-Eklundh, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden (professor emerita)
Steve Simpson, New Mexico Tech, United States
Ali Simsek, Anadolu University, Turkey
David Sless, Australian National University, Australia; Communication Research Institute, Australia
Alcinda Pinheiro de Sousa, University of Lisbon, Portugal
Clay Spinuzzi, University of Texas at Austin, United States
Huatong (Hannah) Sun, University of Washington Tacoma, United States
Anne Surma, Murdoch University, Australia
Jean Vanderdonckt, Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium
Iris Varner, Illinois State University, United States (professor emerita)
Sue Walker, University of Reading, United Kingdom
Sean Zdenek, University of Delaware, United States
Carol Barnum, UXFirm United States
Karen Bennett, University of Coimbra, Portugal
Luis Carriço, University of Lisbon, Portugal
Margarita Correia, University of Lisbon, Portugal
João Ferreira Duarte, University of Lisbon, Portugal (professor emeritus)
António Fidalgo, University of Beira Interior, Portugal
Charles Kostelnick, Iowa State University, United States
Teresa Malafaia, University of Lisbon, Portugal
Vicente Montalt Resurreccion, University Jaume I, Spain
David Russell, Iowa State University, United States
Helena Sousa, University of Minho, Portugal
Kirk St. Amant, Louisiana Tech University, United States
& University of Limerick, Ireland
Editorial Board Roles and Responsibilities
Co-Editors. The C0-editors guide the direction for the journal, and are responsible for all aspects of publication associated with maintaining connexions • international professional communication journal. The responsibilities of the Co-editors include:
- Defining the overall strategic direction for the journal.
- Actively soliciting manuscripts for the journal.
- Maintaining regular communications with members of the Editorial Board to discuss the journal review policies and procedures and the direction of the publication.
- Serve as liaison to authors.
- Coordinating journal production.
Reviewers. Reviewers ensure the quality of the manuscripts in the topic, or topics for which they were invited. The responsibilities of Reviewers include:
- Reviewing articles according to the journal’s criteria.
- Promoting the journal among the communities it serves.
- Encouraging the submission of high-quality manuscripts for the journal in the area for which they have been invited.
- Respecting confidentiality, declaring conflicts of interest, and notifying the Editor if, for any reason, they are not able to carry out their reviewing responsibilities.
- Notifying the Editor if they are the author, or co-author of a manuscript submitted for consideration.
Associate Editors. Associate Editors guide the growth and development of the journal in the topic, or topics for which they were invited. The responsibilities of Associate Editors include:
- Aiding the Editor by participating in the editorial process.
- Suggesting themed issues.
- Contributing editorials.
- Encouraging the submission of high-quality manuscripts for the journal in the area for which they have been invited, by personally contacting authors and assisting with outreach.
- Consolidating the journal’s reputation among the communities it serves.
- Identifying reviewers to become part of the reviewer database.
Editorial Assistant & Video Editor. The Editorial Assistant & Video Editor assists with the smooth running of the journal’s online content. The duties of the Editorial Assistant include:
- Helping to ensure that the online content is informative and appealing.
- Advocating for seamless and efficient operation of online platforms.
- Searching for new online content, and producing (writing, proofing and editing) that content, as needed.
- Assisting in updating the information displayed on the website.
- Post-production of video interviews.
- Designing and distributing journal advertisements for volunteer internship and non-internship opportunities.
connexions • international professional communication journal (ISSN 2325-6044) is edited by Rosário Durão and Kyle Mattson, and hosted by the Department of Communication, Liberal Arts, and Social Sciences at New Mexico Tech and the School of Communication at the University of Central Arkansas. © 2012–2016 (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0).